Free Motor Oil

In my local paper is an O'Reilly ad offering a maximum of 6 quarts of Quaker State oil (Q Torque and Q Advance) for /free/ after rebate. Each quart is regularly $5.69.

Q Torque and Q Advance are the good stuff, the synthetic Quaker State.

A $35 value totally free after mail-in rebate. I get the feeling O'Reilly stores across the country might be running this promo. Get it while you can!

Reply to
Built_Well

In my local paper is an O'Reilly ad offering a maximum of

6 quarts of Quaker State oil (Q Torque and Q Advance) for /free/ after rebate. Each quart is regularly $5.69.

Q Torque and Q Advance are the good stuff, the synthetic Quaker State.

A $35 value totally free after mail-in rebate. I get the feeling that O'Reilly stores across the country might be running this promo. Get it while you can! =

Reply to
Built_Well

There are no O'Reillys in my area. :(

That beats the 6-cents/quart I ended up paying for Pennzoil Platinum synthetic at Pep Boys. The last time I bought some, it was $0.99/ quart.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Looking at the product data sheets, I see why.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

You can be rest assured that price will go up significantly when and if hillary gets to be the big kahuna.

You will pay boy, pay big time and because you want to save earth, you will be loving it, every dollar paid, LOL.

Reply to
dbu`

========

Would you believe there are no Pep Boys in my area, and no Advance Auto either. Just O'Reilly, AutoZone, Napa, and of course WalMart ;-)

Reply to
Built_Well

========

I'm surprised you say that. What don't you like in the data sheet?

Lately, both the QS oils and Pennzoil Platinum are showing better results in used oil analysis tests than Mobil 1.

Reply to
Built_Well

What's an O'Reilly store?

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Its a auto parts chain, formerly called Hi-Lo. Smaller then AutoZone & PepBoyz. I've only seen them in Texas.

Reply to
E Meyer

For those of us who aren't good with data sheets, what did you see?

Reply to
clifto

The Q Advanced only has ACEA A1/B1 approval, which is an obsolete standard, the A5 approval for the 5W30 appears to be inappropriate, the HTHS (high temperature high shear) viscosity of the 10w30 is only 3.2 CentiPoise which is inadequate protection.

The Q Torquepower doesn't even list any ACEA approvals nor do they list a HTHS viscosity. Might be okay for lubing roller skates...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Already answered in another post.

Which differs from whether or not a particular oil meets an OEMs requirements to begin with.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

What the hell are you talking about? This isn't a political discussion, moron.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Does that mean it's worse than API SM-rated conventional oil and not worth using despite being free after rebate?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

It -is- API SM rated oil. API ratings are pretty much worthless.

Whether you pay to trash your engine or you do it for free, either way, the engine is trashed.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks.

Now I know where Built-Well is...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Larry, Quaker State's Q Advance and Q Torque are API SM-rated, the latest and best API rating. Much better than SL, for newbies here who might not know.

Their oil is not going to trash your engine, like aarcuda pretends. In fact, the latest independent, scientific tests show engines experience more engine wear with Mobil 1 oil than with Pennzoil Platinum and Quaker State Q Advance--about 67 percent more engine wear. Just so you don't think I'm favoring Pennzoil, let me say that Halvoline, Amsoil, Motorcraft, Castrol Syntec, and others also show much less wear than Mobil 1.

And yes, we've mentioned before that since about 2003, the Dutch company Shell has owned both Pennzoil and Quaker State. However, I'd rather give my money to Dutch Shell than to Exxon.

In my opinion, we're paying billions for ExxonMobil's war in Iraq; why should we increase their profits by also buying their oil?

I admit I have been using Mobil 1 this past year (and it's in my engine right now), but now that I know Pennzoil Platinum is better than Mobil 1, I'm dumping the Mobil 1 at my next oil change. I'll be saving money and I won't be supporting their war that's costing us billions of dollars and thousands of lost American lives.

I already bought a 5-quart jug of Platinum last night to support our troops :-)

O'Reilly Auto Parts is in about half the U.S. states, including Missouri, where I live. In fact, its headquarters is in Springfield, Missouri. If anyone's ever watched "American Hot Rod" on TV, the show about legendary California hot-rod maker Boyd Coddington, you will have seen O'Reilly banners hung in Boyd's garage :-) You also see Amsoil banners in his garage, too. And Reeses peanut butter cups also sponsor Boyd Coddington hot rods. Only the best for Boyd ;-)

Reply to
Built_Well

Could you post a link from an independent source that substantiates this.

Reply to
Mark A

O'Reilly's first store was in 1957, in Springfield,Missouri.Last year, I was looking for new windshield wiper blades for my 1978 Dodge van.I went to a NAPA and AutoZone store, the stores didn't have the blades in stock.Then I went to a local O'Reilly store about two miles from me.They had one pair of blades in stock.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Ditto.