Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots

Hard to get off Spark Plug Boots If you ever have a spark plug boot that is hard to get off one way that has worked good for me is to take a 2-3 foot 3/16 brake line and screw it into a air nozzle and then file the end of the line to look like a hypo needle and then insert it between the boot and wire and give it a short blast of air. It will balloon out and then you can pull it right off, once in a while if they are still stuck I will spray a little brake clean in between the boot and wire and they slide right off.

------ JustAutoParts - a place to find automotive parts and technical advice.

//

Just3

://

//
wipe a little silicone grease on the spark plug before you reinstall the boot and this will not happen again

nate

Reply to
N8N

Tell that to the goof that had it before me!

Reply to
idbwill

I never have used silicone grease on spark plugs or spark plug wires and I have never had any trouble removing the wires from the plugs.I give them a little twist and a tug and they come right off.I have a tool that I bought at an auto parts store years ago which is designed to aid in removing spark plug wires, but I have needed to use it yet. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Reposting material from i-ATN...

...tsk-tsk

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Sure the two articles seem similar, but this guy spelled balloon correctly *and* added an oddly-capitalized title. It is completely new material and therefore doesn't qualify as unauthorized redistribution of content.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Crap! My bad.

Gonna e-mail you when the onslaught dies down.

C-ya, gotta go check the DRB 3 cable I need on e-bay.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Sorry, I really liked it but wont happen again

Reply to
Just3

Your troubles are just beginning.

Reply to