headlight washers

Under what circumstances are headlight washers become useful?

bonus points for first hand experience rather than off the wall theorizing

P.S. no more crossposting in google groups: google seem to have reached the critical mass of morons controlling specifications of products built

Reply to
isquat

night driving in the snow.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Also really handy when snow/ice are melting and you get the nice white salt glaze while driving. Usually go through a lot of washer fluid between the windshield and lights (don't have HL washers but grab a towel and use the windshield nozzles)

Reply to
Steve W.

Two conditions are required to be both met and satisfied: First, the headlights need to be sufficiently obscured to present a problem; and Second, the use of the washers would effectively relieve that situation.

Reply to
Heron

More wipers to buy when the old ones wear out, and how much do they cost?

Reply to
JR

There are a lot that don't have wipers just a wide fan nozzle that floods the lens.

Reply to
Steve W.

My head lights get cleaned when I wash my van. That isn't anywhere near often enough like it should be.

Reply to
JR

Mud.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Not an issue on A4. I ripped the skid plates off lately and won't step off the pavement now that I did.

Reply to
AD

Snowstorms! or more precisely, when there's salt on the roads. Salt crust builds up rapidly on headlights (as well as your windshield, but you can clean that off) and your headlight beam pattern becomes more and more compromised the longer you drive. You can really tell the difference in lighting if you don't have them when you stop for gas and clean the salt off the headlight lenses before heading out again.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel