2005 E46 Headlight Washers after-the-fact

I just bought a 2005 E46 Convertible w/Adaptive Xenon & ZHP, and would like to add the headlight washers. (I bought out of dealer inventory, and the Cold Weather Package isn't popular here in Central Texas!)

Does anybody have an idea if this is a reasonable amount of work? Any idea what parts I'd have to buy? TIA,

-Rob snipped-for-privacy@centtech.com

Reply to
Rob Rose

Just a guess here, but this should be a dealer installed option, it should be available in a kit that contains the brakets and hoses and such that is needed. I'd be asking the guy at the parts counter if there is a kit, and how much it costs.

Reply to
J Strickland

"J Strickland" wrote

Well, I think it's a bit more complicated than that. There are some electronic/electrical parts/relays, there might very well be some motor stuff (the washers pop out of the front fascia - might be pressure motivated, however), there's the problem that you might need a new fascia unless the fascia has popouts...

Not a job I would look forward to.

Floyd (has cold wx package with headlamp washers)

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

I once installed a factory air conditioner system from a kit I got from the dealer. I can't imagine that headlamp washers would be much more difficult than that. I could be wrong, but I was thinking this would be a kit job.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland