Hondra CRV - rolling noise from rear

Earlier this evening I test drove two brand new CRV's - a two wheel drive LX and a 4WD EX. Both were very quiet except for a low pitched rolling sound coming from the rear compartment. Sounded like wheel bearings, or maybe the emergency brake shoes rubbing (assuming the CRV has them). It wasn't the rear brake pads as the sound continued even when I stepped on the brake. Probably not the tires as the two vehicles had different ones - Dunlops on the LX and Bridgestones on the EX. The sound is not very loud, but the interior would be quieter without it. Anyone know if this goes away with time, or is normal and persists? If it persists, is there a way to muffle it ( I can get sound deadening matt, etc.)?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim