CRV latest model

Thinking of buying this car. What is the opion?

Reply to
Law

------------------------------

Law,

This might be a good place to look. Sign in and SEARCH first, ask questions later.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

We own two 2003's and have had very good luck.

We recently considered another one for our son but decided on a Kia Sportage. It's a whole lot more vehicle for the money.

Reply to
Anonamous

TIME will tell. Hondas hold their value a long time . . Will a KIA ?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

A more important question would be:

Will a Kia hold up at all for a long time?

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Reply to
<arlenpar

You guys are funny, but right. It amazes me how many people base their vehicle purchasing on price alone. There's no real thought on resale or much else. Who the hell in their right mind is going to compare a Honda CRV to a Kia Sportage?

Reply to
jamo

No offense but you have a lot to learn about the Sportage.

As I said in my earlier post, we own two CRV's.

I used to think the way you do.....

The Sportage is very similar except better. Here's why.

The interior is much nicer. The seats are much

nicer especially the material. The back seats

recline much farther than the CRV's. The Sportage

has far more cup holders and they are not in the

arm rests. (There is actually over an inch more

room for back seat passengers.)

The lighting is MUCH better. There are entry lights

on the doors and the rear lighting is farther back

so it doesn't distract the driver.

The doors shut much nicer. The vehicle is so much

quieter you won't believe it. I thought road and

wind noise was the price you paid for a lighter more

economical vehicle. The Sportage has virtually no

road and wind noise and I get 1-2 miles per gallon

better than our Hondas.

The arm rest in the Sportage is very clever adjusting

to different heights and providing storage to boot.

(Way better than the CRV.)

The Sportage gas fill flap release is conveniently

placed right next to the drivers seat. I'd like to

give the yo-yo that put the CRV release lever down

under the dash a piece of my mind. The Sportage

emergency brake lever is also more convenient.

I really like the 16" 60 series tires and alloy wheels

which is probably why the vehicle is so much quieter

and smoother.

When we bought our CRV's, I liked the storage well

under the back deck. The Sportage has a better one

with dividers.

The power and security systems are better. The Sportage

windows operate after turning the motor off until you

open a door which is really convenient. Many other

cars do but the CRV doesn't. The doors will lock

after shutting them even if they are open when you

press lock. The Honda's won't. The Sportage will

re-lock itself if you don't open a door in a minute

or so. (Again, other cars have this but Honda doesn't).

The Sportage has 6 airbags standard, not two or four.

The Sportage has a nifty trip computer not offered

by Honda. It's MPG and Range displays are right on.

The radio is far better better.

On top of that. The oil drain doesn't sit over the

exhaust which has caused fires on CRV's. I also like

the fact that I don't have to buy special oil and

filters.

Oh yes. The Sportage V6 is 15 hp more than the CRV

4 cylinder. It gets better mileage with more power.

The towing capacity is also higher.

The warranty is 3 times better....

Don't take my word for it go drive one!

Reply to
Anonamous

Reality check: Those FEW CR-V fires were caused by improper changing of the oil filter. The filter gasket was not changed when it should have been.

And you're going to need it.

No thanks. I don't care how long a warranty lasts and what it covers. The CR-V is much less likely to break down than a Kia, and that's all that matters.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

i dont care how good you may claim the kia is its still a disposable car once it gets older it will only be worth 1/2 the price of a crv of the same age. and wait till it needs to be repaired for something petty and they have to disasemble a whole bunch of stuff just to get to what needs replaced. i'll stick with honda any day. you get what you pay for.

Reply to
hondaman