How To Remove Brake Cylinder Cover??

Sorry for such a basic question, but...

I can't figure out how to remove the top cover on my 95 Taurus master brake cylinder to "top off" with more brake fluid.

It seems it can't be screwed off because there is an electrical wire running into the very top of the cap.

What's the secret?

Reply to
Cape Cod Bob

Mike Behnke

And how do i take it off??

Reply to
Cape Cod Bob

Does this "wire" run the length of the cap and sit in small detents in the top of the cap, and does the cap cover both primary and secondary reservoirs? If so, it just snaps to the side and pivots down to the side of the master cylinder. The cap then lifts off. remember to wipe off the cap and master cylinder before you take the cap off, and don't leave the master cylinder open to the atmosphere too long. Brake fluid loves to absorb moisture from the air.

If the brake light on the dash is coming on intermittently, the fluid in one of the reservoirs is low, typically the main, and may indicate that it's time to replace the pads up front. Possibly even change the rotor if its near its minimum thickness.

Cape Cod Bob wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Some only turn 1/8 a turn to release so the wire doesn't need to turn much. They push down and turn a little.

Mike

Cape Cod Bob wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain