Kragen Auto Parts not honoring warranties.

Kragen Auto Parts (CSK - Kragen, Checker, Schuck's) not honoring (advertised) warranties.

On 6/22/2005 I bought a Torque Converter from Kragen Auto Parts. Less than 6 months later the torque converter went bad. According to all of Kragen's advertising, parts are warrantied for 1 year for stock replacement parts, there is nothing on the receipt that states otherwise. Kragen is refusing to warranty the torque converter, If I had known Kragen wouldn't honor the warranty I never would have bought it from Kragen.

Reply to
jerryg125

It makes it hard on the customer and the retailer when warranty conditions are not clearly understood and honored. Usually, the retailer has the conditions on the paperwork, and we just dont see it,but that is not always the case.

If they actually warrantied for a year, and fail to honor it for no good reason, then sue them in small claims court.

If you didnt read the conditions, then just own up to your mistake and get on with life.

Reply to
<HLS

I checked Kragen's site for warranty information. Since the OP did not tell what sort of TC it was, I chose a 99 Chevrolet Lumina.

The torque convertor for that car shows a 1 year limited warranty.

Now, if you have used the car for racing, or if the part is a non standard sort of application, they warn you the warranty may be invalid.

If you have been squeeky clean with them, you have a case.

Why do they say they will not honor the warranty????????????

Reply to
<HLS

Well, *DUH*! You were dumb enough to buy a hard part from the likes of Kragen...this is the predictable result.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

They probably only warranty it after the converter is sent to a rebuild house and the rebuild house confirms the damager wasn't due to misalignment during installation, or old, stretched converter bolts.

Anod another reason is racing - if the guy was dumb enough to have bought a performance shift kit at the same time as buying the converter, the warranty fine print will say the converter isn't warrantied for racing, and the store will see the shift kit on the receipt and might claim the converter was damaged during a race.

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

the receipt doesn't specify length of warranty kragen warranty policy at

1 year except for performance or some productstorque converters is not on the excluded listCSK says warranty is 1 month ????this is a stock replacement

Reply to
jerryg125

some times that is all you can afford

Reply to
jerryg125

I looked at

and it seems that their performance torque converters are warranted for only 90 days, their stock converters for

12 months. Maybe they sold you a performance converter by mistake and are now trying to weasel out of their mistake.

I'd definitely file a complaint at

, your state's consumer office, and a _written_ chargeback complaint with your credit card company. The latter has to be sent to the special complaint address or else it won't obligate the company to take action on your behalf. If they say that complaints have to be filed within 60 days, tell them that you had no way of knowing that the product warranty was defective until the product broke.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

If due to tight money situations it comes down to buying a hard part at Checker/Schucks/Kragen or buying a used part from a wrecking yard, the wrecking yard part is always the better bet.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern