What is the protocol to obtain misfire data on cylinders for a '99 Cad Deville?

Does anyone know how to query the PCM computer to give a count of misfires on each cylinder? My OBDII system is just an interface to my laptop and apparently the GM recommended scantool is capable of showing counts of misfires on each cylinder. That would be very useful.

This is on a 1999 Cad Deville 4.6 liter Northstar. The misfire codes for each cyl are P0301 thru P0308.

TIA, Rich

Reply to
Rich

You really need a scanner capable of giving that data. There are about 9 current channels (Modes f-1 through f-9) that give out data or take requests on the cars computer (More are out there but reserved for later use) A basic scanner is only accessing one or two of these modes,

Reply to
Stephen H

What scanner are you using? Does it support Enhanced data? The laptop based unit I use shows it....

Reply to
Woody

I'm using the Elm 322 chip in the circuit marketed by Scantool.net. It translates from the GM flavor OBDII to a serial port. So far as I know, this circuit is not limited in the mode or type of data that it can transmit or receive.

What is enhanced data? I do know that my software will not show HISTORY codes, but only current codes. I have several of the free OBDII software packages- Scantool.net, Digimoto. OBDII Logger, etc.

Do you know where the software devel>What scanner are you using? Does it support Enhanced data? The laptop based

Reply to
Rich