more info: Edelbrock Thunder Series

sent a message to Edelbrock tech support:

Hi,

I'm interested in possibly purchasing one of your new 500 CFM AVS carburetors. However, I see from the info on your site that they are calibrated for use in dual quad applications. I want to use it as a single carb on a 289ci Studebaker V-8, basically stock but with a mild cam and electronic ignition. Can I use the same rod and jet kits as I would for a similar size Performer/AFB, and more importantly do the same rods/jets translate between the carbs? i.e. if I have a good running 500 CFM AFB can I just take the rods and jets from that and put them in the AVS as a starting point? I ask this because I don't see a rod and jet kit for the AVS as available on your site. Also curious if I can use the tuning information in the .pdf manual on your site for an AVS as well as an AFB.

Thanks much,

Nate Nagel

here's the response:

We recommend the # 1486 calibration kit for single 4 bbl applications. The # 1486 happens to be the same calibration kit as the Performer 500 carburetors. We currently do not have the correct calibration since the person in charge has been out sick and is not due back until Monday. Feel free to email me at the beginning of the week so that I may get you the correct calibration for the single 4V application. Thanks.

Sounds to me like you just use the same rods and jets that you would for a similar sized AFB if I am interpreting this correctly. Hope this helps someone.

nate

Reply to
N8N