mpg Display For Fuel Efficiency ?

Hello,

Would like to revisit this, as I'm still confused.

On new GM cars, it's probably the same on all of them I would imagine, when it gives a computed fuel efficiency in mpg on the dashboard display, is it:

a computation that is updated every minute, or so ?

or, an overall average from the time you pressed the Reset Arrow button. This can be a very long time average, for a long trip, of course, if the Reset is pressed at the start of the trip.

Two very different approaches, obviously

Can't tell from watching it change. Manual doesn't explain.

Which method do you think they use ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

only one I've ridden in that had same was a previous-gen Malibu, and that was a trip average.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

On Chrysler products, you get your pick. "MPG" is updated about once a second, and is more or less your instantaneous mileage. "Avg MPG" is the cumulative average since the last press of the reset button.

Reply to
Steve