Mustang won't run

Hello I'm having trouble starting my mustang, I turn the key it starts for about 2 seconds and then shuts down, but if I keep my foot on the gas it'll stay running. I hooked up an OTC diagnostics scanner to it and got some codes out of it, 15(KAM power failure) 95(fuel pump secondary) 82 & 81(AM1&AM2 Power range) 54(ACT/VAT -40) and 23(TPS Range, at maximum voltage) the car has a 1993 cobra computer in it. It is a mass air car with 80mm mass air & 30lb injectors. It is a 351w block. If anybody can help me with this please, I would Appreciate it greatly. Thanks for your time.

-Greg

Reply to
aspiazug

That is the typical symptom of a dirty or failed idle air control valve.

Code 81- Secondary -Air Injection Diverter (AIRD) solenoid circuit failure. Code 82 Secondary Air Injection Bypass (AIRS) solenoid circuit failure. Code 54 IAT Indicated -4000 (-40"F) /circuit open.

81 and 82 appear to be pointing the finger right at the idle air control valve, unless I am reading it wrong. I am sure someone will say if I am. The temp and fuel pump ones throw me a bit.

Since cleaning the IAC is 'free', my suggestion would be to clean it with throttle body cleaner and see if there is an improvement. But given that it actually threw a code, it might be an actual failed part.

Reply to
Brent P