Nuclear Ford

as long as it's not cellular. cellular service in the usa is a rip-off. last mile infrastructure costs are a fraction of a fraction of what copper service costs, and as you say, the long distance is virtually free. add to that the insult that sms is contained within the headers of normal "here i am" beacon traffic, i.e. no special broadcasts or routing required so no costs incurred in providing, and you start to get the picture of what i mean next time you pay $5 for 200 of the things...

if that perspective doesn't work for you, consider that third world nations cannot afford copper, but they can afford cellular...

Reply to
jim beam

Perfect car for Iran....

Reply to
bob urz

I read somewhere Russia refused some cars from Japan.

Reply to
JR

And the fuel for it will be "too cheap to meter".

Reply to
Heron

They will 'find a way' to meter it. Solar cars too.

Reply to
JR

Well, we didn't get electricity that was too cheap to meter, but we DID get long distance service that was too cheap to meter.

This isn't the future I expected, but it's not bad at all.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey