Older Toyota Tranny Symptoms?

I've got an 87 Camry wagon with 160k miles and still runs pretty well. Except that the auto transmission is starting to act up a bit. I'm not sure if a big problem is on the way or maybe just a minor issue such as the Torque converter solenoid or sensor needs replacing. The transmission has the following issues-

  1. Tranny gets very jerky in the 45-48mph range. Especially when decelerating.
  2. Most of the time, the car starts off from a stop with plenty of power. But sometimes it will seem to barely move no matter how hard the gas pedal is pushed....tho it quickly gets back to speed after a minute or so.
  3. The O/D OFF signal (overdrive off) has recently been flashing on and off.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Medora2