$ per mile: high compression/high test vs. low compression/regular

Uh, I missed that, but I knew what you meant, anyway.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

yeah, it's a comprehension thing. but don't let little things like that get in the way of having an opinion or failing to acknowledge cold hard fact.

it's amazing how you know what the guy that doesn't say anything says.

Reply to
jim beam

So you're back to sniping at typing mistakes and not addressing the substance of a post again? Color me unsurprised.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

uh, the "unsurprised" would be me seeing the stupids competing to be even stupider. neither of you seem to be able to grasp the fundamentals of this issue - that ethanol enjoys an advantage only if you're able to run it at a higher compression ratio, but not if you can't. we're not stuck in the 50's any more.

Reply to
jim beam

It's JB's "grumble, grumble, stub toe in dirt" finale to another of his fantastical automotive "discussions."

Reply to
Ed Huntress

are you talking to me or the others you seem to think i am? and have you figured out the difference between "compression" and "compression ratio" yet?

Reply to
jim beam

Grumble on, JB. it's an ugly way to end it, though. Why don't you just try changing your nym again and re-appear? Maybe "Johnny Bonkers"? Make sure to keep the same initials, now...

Reply to
Ed Huntress

i've not changed my name ed, so your continued bleating about other people's mistakes merely reinforces the fact that you have a serious reading comprehension problem.

Reply to
jim beam

Do you want to try re-writing that in English, so it makes sense?

Haha! Oh, God, JB, that is so ironic coming from you.

That's why you're such a successful guy, JB d8-)

How would you know what I've written? My byline has only appeared three times since about 2001.

When you see my byline, it means I was underpaid for that job.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Phfffft! Phony.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Let's see,,,there have been so many of your "successful" groups, JB. One wonders where they have all gone?

Anyway, here are some possibilities:

1) They got lost 2) They heard about your altercation at WESTEC are are hoping for a cage fight 3) They want to know where all the yelling is coming from

Many people have wondered that for years, JB. d8-)

I really must stop in there some time and see what kind of hash you're slinging these days.

How would you know? As I said, you have no idea.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

So can I summarize this by saying that ethanol has the advantage if the limiting constraint is displacement, gasoline if it's cost?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Well, you could, if putting it that way works for you.

In less rigorous terms, ethanol will produce more power in the same engine than gaoline will. It will produce even more if the compression ratio is raised to exploit ethanol's higher octane rating.

Gasoline gives you better mileage.

The amount of research going on, concerning getting the most out of ethanol, is overwhelming. The recent papers from SAE will keep you busy for weeks.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Whoa, you finally got your mother to sign up, eh? d8-)

Keep you ego in check and put a lid on your pre-pubescent braggadocio, JB, and you may keep them fooled for a while. Good luck.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I once found a document on BP website about their motor fuels. It stated that the the 91, 95 and 98 RON all had the same energy content per litre, but the 100 RON had significantly more energy content.

Reply to
bruce56