Pops-a-Dent?

I have a ten-year-old Pontiac with a few small hail dents, and I ran across a half-price deal on a Pops-a-Dent kit and thought I'd try it out on the dents. Despite the claim on the box that it works on hail damage, the smallest of the three glue pads is larger than the dents. Therefore it won't actually fit down into the dent. Anyone know a way around this?

Reply to
Ralph

mondo bondo ?

Reply to
tudysmuck

The small size pops-a-dent, a trip to the dent removal shop (there shops like this) or a trip to the body shop.

Reply to
John S.

Liquid nitrogen.

Reply to
« Paul »

Don Byrer Electronics Technician/Friendly but Sarcastic Pilot FAA Airways Facilites/Tech Ops, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE Amateur Radio KJ5KB Instrument Pilot Commercial Student PP-ASEL 30 Jan 2005 "-IA" 25 Mar 2005 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
kj5kb

1) Heat gun/hair dryer followed by dry ice (you can research this further on the www) 2) live with it and hope they come out. I had nickel size hail make numerous very small dents in a car in OK. Was about a month until I got it to a shop for estimate. Dents were almost undetectable due to OK summer heat and cooling at night. No kidding.

--Don

Don Byrer Electronics Technician/Friendly but Sarcastic Pilot FAA Airways Facilites/Tech Ops, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE Amateur Radio KJ5KB Instrument Pilot Commercial Student PP-ASEL 30 Jan 2005 "-IA" 25 Mar 2005 snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
kj5kb

I just acquired this car about 2 months ago, so I don't know how long those little dents have been there. Apparently the Texas heat hasn't helped, unless they used to be worse! I'll check out these tips. Thanks.

By the way, Don, I've got most of those same tickets listed at the bottom of your posts plus S/MEL-IA and formerly CFI-IA. Also a ham ticket since 1955. Don't do much of either any more.

Reply to
Ralph