Porsche CR-31 GAL signal?

I came across a Porsche CR-31 radio that has a GAL(speed dependent volume) input.

What must be input to make this function correctly? 0-5Vdc, PWM,

0-Vign, or ....

It would be nice to have speed dependent volume in my car. I'm not too worried about "hacking" it. The radio I have is already aftermarket(I really dont' care). I only listen to FM.

The only reference I have been able to find suggested hooking it to the speedometer signal. Having no idea what the speedo in a Porsche gets for a signal this is only mildly informational.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Jeridiah

Reply to
cyberzl1

I've owned a car with speed adjusted volume. It's not worth the trouble. Forget it.

Reply to
jcr

Actually, I was thinking about putting steering wheel controls in to control the signal if I could figure out what I need to input. Speed based volume control might be nice too.

I have rented a few cars with it, and I thought it was sort of neat. But the remote controls would be the best part. The radio is not in what I would consider a convenient location in my car(down low and ahead of the shifter).

JW

Reply to
cyberzl1