Q: Nissan Pickup Tire Pressure?

Hi, I just bought new tires on larger rims for my `87 Nissan King Cab. The stock tires where P195/75/R14 and the tire pressure on the sticker by the doorframe was 26 PSI (for those tires).
The new tires/wheels are P215/75/R15, but I don't know what the correct tire pressure should be. The guy at the tire dealer said just to keep them inflated at 35 PSI, which is the maximum pressure for those tires, so I'm pretty sure he has no idea what he's talking about. That is *definitely* over-inflated!
I know from my factory manual that the 4X4 version of the truck was available with this size tire (mine's just RWD). Would someone be able to check on their truck and see what the correct pressures are for 215/75/R15 tires?
Thanks for any help!
The P195/74R14's were rated for 1400 lbs at 35 psi and the P215/75R15's are 1742 lbs at 35psi, both will be somewhat less at 26 psi so I would continue to use 26 psi unless you are experiencing excess center or edge wear in which case you'd adjust down or up slightly. door jam of another Nissan, would have to be same GVRW, wheelbase, number of driven axles, year, etc. to be meaningful. The 4X4 would have differant curb and gross weight, differant weight distribution, etc, so is not really a very meaningful data point.
I'd agree that your tire guy's off base on this application.
Higher pressure in a higher payload tire is just going to wear the centers and give poor handling/traction assuming 26 psi was not too low initially. How was the wear on the tires that were removed, fairly even across?