Re: 1992 Ford Mustang transmission.

Thank you very much!

> >He still insists that it's the transmission, which is due for a good >flush right about now anyway, so at least he'll get that taken car >of. Your suggestion seems right on the money, but he wont believe >that his sweet lackey mechanic (who is not mustang specific) could do >his car wrong. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see what >happens now. At least I've managed to talk him out of going to >AAMCO. He's looking for local independent transmission repair shops >right now.

You need to dump this guy right off. Anybody who would buy a Mustang with an automatic is not somebody you want to be going out with.

One of the issues with the automatic is that it's harder to decouple engine and transmission problems from one another. So this COULD turn out to be a transmission issue, though it's unlikely. And a transmission shop will almost certainly think it is, because when the tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey