Re: Kwiklift information?

Hank wrote in article ...

Bob, > > Yes, that seems most interesting. But, where on earth would I find > someone selling a front end alignment rack? I love that price and all > you received with it (air jacks, etc.). I live in a rural area and, > forgive my ignorance, would not know where to start looking. Any > ideas would be extremely helpful. > > thanks Hank from PA > snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net >

E-Bay, local shopper's "Penny-Pincher" newspaper, regional automotive equipment dealers, Snap-On/MAC/Matco Tool distributor, networking, garage/shop going-out-of-business auctions, etc.

Check with your local professional auto parts stores - NAPA, Carquest, etc. NOT Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. They may know of a customer who is installing a new four-wheel rack, and wants to get rid of the old rack - and, possibly, the turn tables, jacks, etc..

I'm not saying you'll find one this week, but if you keep your eyes open, you're sure to find one. I live in rural Maine, and I had no trouble finding mine - and I wasn't really actively looking for one at the moment. I just knew that if one came along, I wanted it.

I found mine at a local vocational school that had replaced it with a four-wheel alignment machine. I happened to go to the school on other business, saw the machine sitting in pieces outside the shop, and inquired about its status. Next thing I knew, I was writing a check.

Equipment/tool distributors as listed above will either take an old machine in trade for a new machine OR make a few points with their customer by finding an outlet for their old, obsolete rack.

They are out there, and they are being replaced at a fairly constant rate. I wouldn't be surprised if many of these old racks have been/are being used as bases for car trailers - like many of the old drive-on lifts used to be.

Bob Paulin - R.A.C.E. Chassis Analysis Services

Reply to
Bob Paulin

Thanks much for your time and effort writing this...my eyes are looking now.

Hank from PA

Reply to
Hank

try

they make the same kind almost, but you drive on and it tilts into position.

i was gonna go your route, but i decided for a grand more, i can get a real lift. the four posts that eagle and autolifters sell, can be movable. They sell caster kits, and allow you to move it in and out of the garage. If your garage isn't high enough, move it outside, and get the full advantage of the lift.

Reply to
Erik