Re: MLP sensor ( neutral safety switch ) F150 E40D

Hi gil,

Use a pin or a small o-ring pick to pry the little tab down on the terminal and slide it out the back of the plug. I would not recommend crimping or soldering the wires. The MLPS works by sending resistance values to the PCM so soldering or crimping can add resistance later on. Be sure to use the plugs for any unused holes in the plug. I had an E4OD that would neutral out going down the road. Water got in through an unplugged hole on the MLPS sensor plug and corroded the connections. Good luck.

Kyle

Reply to
jediwrench