Re: strange toyota starting problems

Wayne Harper wrote: : My 91 toyota pickup (V6,EFI) has developed an intermittent starting : problem that nobody has apparently seen before, or can fix. : It ALWAYS starts OK when completely COLD or HOT , but ocasionaly when : the engine has cooled to a certain point, it refuses to start for : anywhere up to an hour. it turns over but doesnt fire.

I had a similar problem in an '86 Celica. An intermittant coil in the distributor was the problem (reluctance pickkup). However I don't know the ignition system for your car .

Reply to
<barry

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, I will look into them all. I had someone email me that they had a similar problem that was caused by a leaking cold start injector. I never noticed any smoke but will watch next time.

-Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Harper