Replacing SUV tire(s)

I believe that would be 11/32" tread depth.

Ray

Reply to
ray

Unless 11 means 11/32?

Walter

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

Reply to
Wally

Can't say for sure. You can call any tire shop in the phone book though. That's what I would do. Somebody there should be able to give you the _correct_ answer.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

And since the original poster chose not to let us in on the make and model, we don't know if the vehicle has some variant of full-time AWD or has a transfer case that can totally disconnect the front and rear differentials. We don't even know if has ABS.

"SUV" could mean a 76 Suburban 4x4 or could mean a 2005 Subaru. There ARE differences. I once diagnosed a problem with a Honda Civic

4x4 where the center viscous drive differential howled continuously due to different profile tires front and rear. On the 76 Suburban example it wouldn't make a rat's ass.

Don

Don

Yes, the "11" refers to 11/32" tread depth.

Reply to
Larry Harvilla

Final resolution:

I checked with MB headquarters and they have no written policy on this issue. They only "suggest" you replace the front tires in pairs if you are replacing one because of damage or flat. My MB owners manual also has this "suggestion". So I went back to Sears and told him what MB said and showed him the owners manual. He refunded half on my monies paid and still let me keep the 4 new tires. Not bad.

It pays to complain to people who can genuinely help.

Thanks to all for listen>

Reply to
Walter Cohen

Outstanding, Walter. I'm happy this worked out for you the way it did.

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman