Should New (Rebuilt) Alternator Pulley Spin Freely ?

In my search for a replacement alternator, I came across one that had a pulley that wouldn't spin freely. It spun, but stopped after about one revolution. My old alternator pulley spun a lot more easily. Is the bearing too tight on the new alt ? Should the pulley spin fairly easily ?

Thanks

Reply to
User132384

New bearings and seals will turn smoothly but not that freely. It takes a bit for the seals especially to wear in. Your old one spun freely probably because the seals were worn out.

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan