Suburban w/454 running too hot

My 95 Suburban seems to be running hot. While driving the temp is a little over 210 but at a stop light gets close to 230. As soon as I start moving again the temp returns to the 210 mark. My fluid level is good in my cooling system. Any suggestions as to where to start looking for this problem? Would the electric fan malfunctioning cause this?

Thanks-Rob

Reply to
Robert Le Feve

Approximately 10/22/03 16:18, Robert Le Feve uttered for posterity:

Fan getting a bit weak in the tooth could cause this.

A radiator that is getting just a bit clogged up, same.

Water pump just a tad less than perfect condition, same.

Radiator hose just a bit collapsed.

Will presume the accessory belt is in good shape...

Hesco and a few others make really really nice turbine style water pumps milled from billets. If you need one, much nicer than cheap stamped parts.

Reply to
Lon Stowell