Suzuki 1.6L Oil-Pump Leak

I have a little problem. I recently rebuilt my 1.6L engine in my wife's 92 Suzuki Sidekick JX. The thing runs great now. I added a Header and new cam and it really drives well.

The problem is the oil-pump housing is leaking oil. It wasn't before the re-build.

Originally, I installed the oil-pump housing gasket without RTV or gasket sealant since it was a thin metal/plastic one. Result, oil leak.

This weekend I took the front of the engine apart and removed the gasket, cleaned it up, and sprayed on some Permatex Copper spray-on gasket. This stuff came highly recommended by several people. Result, still leaking.

Has anyone had any problems with the oil-pump housing leaking? Any solutions? Any advice?

Thanks.

Reply to
Rock Braud