Tidbit from the Toyota hearings

Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., chairman of an Energy and Commerce subcommittee investigating Toyota's recalls, said the company "misled the American public by saying that they and other independent sources had thoroughly analyzed the electronics systems and eliminated electronics as a possible cause of sudden unintended acceleration when, in fact, the only such review was a flawed study conducted by a company retained by Toyota's lawyers."

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Guess what, politicians lie routinely to buy votes. Do you honestly think that some US politician has access to Toyota's internal engineering folks who analyzed the systems?

Reply to
Pete C.

*********** I guess we should wait to find out the truth, rather than listening to something Stup said. Maybe he's right, maybe he just felt he had to say something
Reply to
hls

I realize bowing is a Japanese custom/tradition.But, I say Akio Toyoda should not bow to those fed govt thugs.

Stand TALL, Mr.Toyoda!, Stand TALL! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Or would know how to interpret them, even if he did?

Our friend Asshton is being taken in by all this, rather than waiting for the truth.

And if anyone would know about flawed lawyers, a politician sure would.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B