TireRack.com & my new Yokes'

Last week I had Yokohama AVID-H4S fitted to my '05 "new" Malibu LS. This after 3 sources, a garage, the Chevy dealer, and the Town Fair where I bought the Yokes all said I should not ride my FS Affinity LH30s through one more winter.

I was already pondering Dunlop Sport A2s or the Yokahomas on account of my wife who has been nothing but pleased with the Yokes on her Corolla - winter or summer.

Town Fair said the Sport A2s were being phased out, and even though they were good, I should go with a tire that is both good and will be around a while.

The AVID H4Ss are quieter and smoother riding than the Affinity LH30s they replaced, and there is less squeal during low speed tight turns and during abrupt takeoffs.

My question - AT LAST!:

How reliable/objective/trustworthy are the ratings at tire rack?

According to their ratings, among three tires I looked at - my old Firestones, my new AVIDs, and another T-rated Yoke - the TRZ, the AVIDS had marginally lower scores for ice & snow - my main concern here in CT.

As far as summer performance, ride comfort, and quietness, both Yokohama tires blew the Firestones away, but I'm still concerned about AVID's lower snow and Ice ratings.

I appreciate any insight into this, as I still have now 26 days to change my mind at Town Fair.

-ChrisCoaster

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

____________ Hullo? Anybody home??