Wake up in the sound of a V8 engine!

Chee! when I wake up, I don't want to be hearing any sound at all untill I drink enough coffee to get stirring around real good. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

hehe. If you wake to an alarm, it might be better than the sounds most alarm clocks make. But my concern would be straining a muscle when I wake up, trying to hit the brakes.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

I have a battery powered novelty alarm clock that looks like a real mean Army Sargent.When the alarm goes off it is Loud.It plays a bugle and it keeps on saying, WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! untill I push down on the pistol to shut it off. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I'm with you. But-- If I did want to listen to an engine sound, I think the old 4-cylinder Offy had the neatest sound. Especially going from idle to power. At idle, especially cold, it sounded like a threshing machine (straight cut gear tower to cams), but it was music once warm and winding up.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

There is, or was, a website about a guy who restored a World War Two Harley Davidson Motorcycle.You could click on a sound byte of the engine running.It sounds much like my 1914 Ford Model T car. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3172.bay.webtv.net:

That's nothing. Richard Hammond had one on Top Gear that did an F1 car - first on start up idle and then gunning it down a straight. Loud enough to make you jump for the outside kerb.

Reply to
APLer

APLer wrote in news:Xns9CA7B8DBC7FEFAPLer@127.0.0.1:

I have one that is a drag tree, and idle through the quarter will wake you up. KB

Reply to
Kevin