weird Electrical / Alternator problem 93 infiniti g20

My car recently stalled due to low battery... which caught me by surprise because the batt light was NOT on at this point. I opened up the hood and noticed one of the wires on the Field current connector to the alternator was broken off. This probably happened while I was messing with the alternator to install a new belt. I repaired this (temporarily) by using a butt connector, placing a long stripped end of wire into one of the terminals of the plug where it meets the alternator.

My car now seems to run fine.. HOWEVER.. now, the battery, ABS and BRAKE lights are all on all the time! I used a digital voltmeter, and found voltage at the battery to be 14.1 with the engine running... and

12.something with the engine off. Anyone know what could cause such a weird problem?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
bellman

well, if that's the only change you made before this happened, it has to be the connector right? anything short out to another wire while splicing?

Reply to
ladeedadeedaadaa