What's the current recommend on batteries?

They won't even admit they exist until you point them out to the dealer in the catalogue. I think they want to do as much as possible to keep people from buying manuals. I talked to the mechanic at the local Mercedes dealer about how reliable they were, and he said he didn't even know they made them....

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Interstate hasn't done very well in Consumer Reports' evaluations in years.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

When was that published? Because since early 2003, every Consumer Reports full review of vacuum cleaners included way more than ten different models, like least 40-60.

What issue is that? AFAIK, the only time Consumer Reports rated those vehicles together was in the Aug. 2002 issue, when they compared an AWD Matrix to a 2WD Vibe, and the two virtually tied ("Because the MATRIX and Vibe are essentially similar vehicles with different styling, the two scored very closely in our testing,"), as you can see in this summary page from the review:

So what do you mean?

The Aug. 1993 review indicated that those cars virtually tied, and the Geo Prizm was judged to have better handling (Prizm was a 5-spd manual, Corolla a 4-spd auto):

Where are you getting your information?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I left out a link. Here's Consumer Reports' Mar. 1998 review that compared the Toyota Corolla and Chevy Prizm. Again, the two vehicles scored very similarly, not differently, as you claimed:

larry moe 'n curly

I wouldnt give Consumers Reports the time of day.They are a bunch of communist. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

The dealer I'm talking about is likely right across the street from the dealers that you refer to :)

The parts counter was actually quite busy when I visited it... I waited about 20 min. just to get to the head of the line. The guy was nice, he just basically told me that they didn't stock parts for cars that old, and that he'd charge me more and it'd take just as long to get parts through him as it would through Pelican.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Is that even possible on models other than the SLK?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I think he meant to say "again." I was not aware of any manual trans M-Bs available in the US since the late 60s or early 70s until the introduction of the SLK.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

There are two C class models (I want to say C200 and C230) for which it is possible, also.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

When I was in the Army at Scott Air Force Base,Illinois in 1963, I bought a 1957 BMW Isetta car from an Air Force Officer at Scott.About two months later when I found out I was going to Vietnam, I sold that car to an Army Officer.I kept the big owners/operators manual to that car though.It is sitting in a footlocker in the closet in my bedroom.A woman in Germany was the original first owner of that car.

I have to watch, How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb movie on the TCM channel now. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I've driven a few older Benzs with 4 on the tree.

Reply to
Steve Austin

Which is about the only thing that could possibly swing my opinion of Interstate *higher*.

Reply to
Steve

I don't really want to start this all up again, but if I understand your comment, then if the real life experiences of Consumer Reports subscribers is that these batteries have failed prematurely when compaired to other manufacturer's products, that raises your opinion of the batteries? Interesting logic.

Reply to
E. Meyer

x-no-archive:

I think the best way to judge the deal on car batteries is the least $ / lb...really i'm not joking.

Mark

Reply to
makolber

Just buy one at Autozone. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Then you didn't understand the comment. ;-)

Reply to
Steve