Where can I get an old style non CARB 5-gal gasoline can?

aemeijers wrote in news:z8KdndDLtr_Qd47RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Yeah, the same kid that asked what I needed oil for when I was looking for it. He didn't know lawnmowers use 10w30.

It's so they can sell more gas due to the can heating up and forcing the gas out the spout when someone forgets to a) take the pour tube out and or b) leaves the vent hole closed.

I have a yellow one that I've had for years and use for waste fluids.

Reply to
chuckcar

Robert Neville wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's what we have up here in Canada. I'm seeing California-approved 1.5 gallon gas cans with what /must/ be CARB-approved nozzles. I say "must" because of how extraordinarily difficult it is to manipulate them so that they will actually dispense gasoline.

And right next to them on the shelf are the old-style corrugated yellow nozzles for about $4 each. They're a perfect fit in place of the difficult nozzles. Alongside are sold the little caps you use to seal off the cap when the nozzle is inverted for storage.

Actually, the yellow nozzles aren't precisely the old-style, as they now incorporate a small vent tube immediately above the delivery tube. The vent tube would be necessary on account of the fact that the can itself has no vent hole at its rear.

The brand-name on all of the above is "Scepter".

Reply to
Tegger

consignment and farm auctions

Reply to
Steve Barker

Smitty Two wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newsfarm.iad.highwinds-media.com:

Somebody's already doing that!

The product and package shown is the very same one I see for $4 (full-retail) pretty much everywhere up here.

Go to it, guys!

Reply to
Tegger

Looks like nobody can sell 5-gallon non CARB gasoline jerry jugs anymore:

But, get this, if the can is SIX gallons, it's exempt from the onerous regulations!

So the question isn't where can we get non-CARB gasoline cans ... but where can we get decent six-gallon gasoline cans!

Reply to
Brent