AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!! (Automotive...)

DAMN! I was going along dishing out papers at 4:30 AM, and the clicking from the front axle got REALLY bad!!! OK, 2 miles to the Country Store, that has a well lit parking lot...

1 mile....clunking getting REALLY REALLY bad, only in D. In R, no clunking. Hmmm....there was that branch across the road back there, maybe a piece in the driveshaft?

Maybe the driveshaft (rear) is coming loose? Gee, it looks NEW...U-Joint?

SHOOT! Missed that guy! Screw 'em...no, gotta go back.

Pull into driveway...sounds like rubber rubbing?!?!?!

OH! Two lug nuts gone on rear wheel, one held by 7 threads, one held by 3 threads!!! NICE! Wouldn't have made it to the store!

When I first saw it, it looked like the rear axle was pulling out, then I saw the missing nuts. Wrong style nuts. And nobody has the right ones!

Oh, and I checked the torque after 100 miles of replacing the tires...

Reply to
Hachiroku

That's it? By looking at the subject line I thought you drank a bit of Captain Morgans and went for a drive. (Those were the days) :/

Reply to
user

LOL! Crown Royal, my friend!

Reply to
Hachiroku

What do you do with the blue bag?

Reply to
Retired VIP

My '88 Supra has an Automatic tranny. I want to put in a 5-speed. What a COOL shift boot!!

I also use them to carry various tidbits around, guitar picks, cameras, etc...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Is the car supposed to use 12mm lug nuts but instead has 1/2" lug nuts, which are about 12.5mm? I once bought the wrong size theft- resistant nuts because the store display had a 1/2" stud where a 12mm one should have been.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

It has 12x1.25. That's what the bling nuts were, but some doofus must have installed them on a 12x1.50...

The nuts that are supposed to go on this car are 'mushroomed' at the bottom, not tapered. Very, very hard to find...

Reply to
Hachiroku