Dumb question about rheostat light control 2007 Corolla

I was killing some time waiting in my car for my wife to finish up some shopping, when I noticed that the halo of light around the cigarette lighter was illuminated brighter on one side than the other. When I cranked the rheostat up full, it was more evenly late, but when it's set at about a quarter of the way, it looks like the marker is mostly lit to one side. This isn't a problem, but I'm curious if this is how it's supposed to be, or may there be a display bulb that is burnt out already. The rest of the controls are evenly lit. Anyone with the same model 2007 Corolla CE notice this?

Reply to
homepc

I believe that there is only one bulb for the illumination and uses the plastic to transmit the light around the ring. At lower settings, the light doesn't pass through the plastic as well.

Reply to
Ray O