Hiace speedo not working

In message , Ray O writes

Thank you for your response Ray.

How can one read the codes in the transmission computer? And how does one interpret their meaning?

Regards.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hutchinson

The method for reading codes in the transmission computer varies by model year, and perhaps by country where the vehicle is sold. In the U.S., early electronically controlled transmission computers were read by shorting check terminals and reading the flashes on the overdrive light. Current vehicles are read with an OBDII code reader. In either case, you will need a manual to interpret the flashes or codes. If you do not have access to the factory repair manual, you may be able to look at an aftermarket manual (Haynes, Chilton, and Motors are big here in the U.S.) at the library or auto parts store for the procedure.

Reply to
Ray O

snip (oops..bad choice of word there)

Just so long as mirth doesn't enter the picture...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

*whistling innocently*

Can we use you offline sometimes?

Natalie, in deep doo-doo

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I think I've missed something somewhere along the way. We went from Captain Tripod in a Speedo to trying to avoid comparisons on length and girth, to Natalie whistling innocently at the mention of mirth - Is Natalie full of mirth because Captain Tripod saluted in his speedo?

Reply to
Ray O