Hybrids - Toyota vs Honda

Why? Do you qualify YOUR lame, unsubstantiated opinions with "in my opinion?"

So the top two passenger cars are Toyota and Honda? Conclusion: people like them more than they like Fords, Chevys and Pontiacs. Maybe they think they're a better value. Maybe they hate wasting money on gas and would rather get a car that gets good gas mileage than one that gets mediocre gas mileage.

Gee... Maybe Detroit should think about that.

By the way, I notice you didn't provide a reference. We're supposed to believe your figures?

Reply to
dh

Synergy beats Honda.

Reply to
Bo Yancey

Yea. Gotta love those offset crash test videos! Total it, and if you survive, buy another!

Reply to
Bo Yancey

Why don't you f*ck off back to your Ford ng?

Reply to
Sharx35

and of course, common sense might also dictate that if they can't see the line without the balls, they can't see it WITH the balls, and just see the balls, and are as likely to go to either side as up. I don't recall seeing anywhere that someone has taught birds 'when you see the balls, there's powerlines and you got to go up over them' They don't know what the balls mean, just that they're balls.

yep, happens a fair bit, mainly with deaf birds, who don't hear the aircraft - noise plays a bit part of birds lives.

Think we established elsewhere 9certainly on one of my emergency services groups) that the line breakers nowadays reset themselves 3-4 times, before breaking perminantly, just for that reason. Seen plenty of warning notifications that say 'even if the hot stick says the lines off, don't assume it is, because of the breakers. Wait for grid controller confirmation before entering the vicinity of the jump-zone'

Reply to
flobert

That's funny. Some guys in the Ford NG tell me to go back to the GM NG when I point out GM outsells Ford. Some guys Honda NG tell me to go back to the Toyota NG when I point out Toyota outsells Honda They don't like to be presented with facts that disputes their personal biases and opinions either it seems ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Again you are confused I don't present opinions, what I posted are fact that are available to anybody willing to do the search. Although Toyota and Honda have the number one and two selling individual model cars, and Ford has the best selling individual truck GM sell more cars than Ford, Toyota and Honda as well as more trucks than Ford, Toyota and Honda . As to fuel mileage GM offers far more vehicles that get over 30 MPG than does Toyota. GM even offers a full sized V8 Chevrolet that gets nearly 30 MPG. Better do some research if you are going to continue to post on this subject

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Such as, ohhh, with a CVT? Had a few of them over the years, kinda weird sitting there, accelerating, and getting NO change in the engine note, as it holds at its peak torque point, Good old rubber band cars, much more efficient than regular slushboxes too, since they dont have so many nasty planetaries.

Reply to
flobert

Yes, you are offering opinions. Lame, unsubstantiated opinions.

Then it should be very easy for you to provide references and sources. Others do so.

If this is so, it should be very easy for you to name these vehicles. The Cobalt comes to mind. Any others?

If it exists and you know if it, it should be trivially easy for you to name it. Do so.

Yes, you'd better do some research. Surprise us with a fact or two.

Reply to
dh

Ya know, if just one guy tells you to go away, maybe it's just him and his reaction to you. If everybody's telling you to go away... ya might just get a clue...

Well, you wouldn't.

Reply to
dh

In full throttle situations the CVT should be tunned to hold the engine at the peak power output point, not the peak torque point.

John

Reply to
John Horner

I've noticed that with the same "small" car Toyotas seem to get about

20% better gas mileage.

The Corolla gets 40mpg and Chevy Cobalt, which has a bigger engine but the same power output gets about 20% less.

Why is that? Is GM just that far behind technology wise? Is that why their stock price is at 20 year lows and they lose money every quarter?

Reply to
st-bum

Tuning.

American cars/engines are tuned to bias their torque lower down the rev range. Makes it more compatable with the ubiquitus slush-box americans love. Result is the calculated peak power is the same, although its a bigger engine, ANd a more inefficient engine results.

Reply to
flobert

Your bias is showing, again. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I don't do homework for my own grandchildren what make you think I would do yours? Research the EPA fuel economy guide for the facts on fuel mileage. Search the bible of the auto industry, automtivenews.com, for sales figures.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Of course, the Toyota hybrid system has a variation without the rubber band. Nothing shifts, nothing engages or disengages. The engine doesn't even exclusively provide torque to the wheels, but provides power to the hybrid system.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

This isn't OUR homework, this is YOUR homework. Got facts for your lame opinions? Then post them.

I've taken the time to provide comparisons. Don't like my comparisons? Refute them with facts of your own.

Reply to
dh