New EPA mileage figures needed

I went to L.A. last November for my daughter's Thanksgiving dinner, and lucky me, I hit the L.A. traffic backup exactly at commute time. It took me three hours on the freeway to get from the Grapevine to Anaheim. I think I could have walked the trip faster. But my Prius enjoyed it immensely. At the end, my gas economy display was averaging over 55 MPG, but of course everyone knows its "City MPG" is 60 so that's not a surprise. But what kind of "City MPG" would all the other cars get if they were tested at 4 to 6 mph common in a typical L.A.commute? I think we need to encourage the EPA to publish "Clogged Freeway MPG" so that we could more realistically inform our choice of transportation in this day and age. If anyone has an estimate of what "Clogged Freeway MPG" they might have experienced in such a commute, let us know, so we Prius owners can all gloat. Thanks in advance, heh, heh - -

Reply to
Chuck Olson