OT: Why are crude oil prices rising?

It seems like everything that is done to ease the market is having no effect.

My guess is there is a group of speculators out there with enough money to make a difference in the price of oil and they're pumping the bubble just like the speculators did with housing a few years back until home prices were ridiculous.

Of course Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and the rest of the enemies of this country are not going to lift a finger to lower oil prices. They enjoy making 120-130 dollars for every barrel of oil they pump out of the ground. Beats 40-60 dollars. Rape the infidel while you can.

But why do I get the feeling George Sore-Ass is behind the steep rise in oil prices for no real reason? The oil supply isn't that 'short'. The amount of supply has basically remained the same.

OTOH Chicago has the highest prices in the nation, thanks to our 'special blend' we have to use for the summer and Todd Stroh-ger raising sales taxes to the highest level in the nation. What a jerk.

Will the last person leaving Crook County please turn out the lights?

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
<CharlesTheCurmudgeon

Believing something for no reason is a sign of insanity.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

to put it simply:

$>

In otherwords, the declining international value of the US Dollar.

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

It has a lot more to do with China and India keeping their economic engine running.

As I said here back in December, China initiated a ban on plastic shopping bags. The eco-friendly BBC reporter couldn't figure why China was concerned about the pollution caused by plastic bags when they were polluting everything else.

It had nothing to do with pollution.

Reply to
hachiroku

Don't start that shit again...

Reply to
hachiroku

Why not? It's true.

I guess you'd prefer that bad news not be mentioned. Not ever.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I meant who it was that said it...

Reply to
hachiroku

Are you referring to me, the news source, or democrats who want to find out why the money's being stashed instead of spent?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The housing bubble was propelled by cheap credit to people who could not reasonably be expected to pay the money back.

Your guess is wrong.

Actually, Saudi Arabia did increase its oil output.

So does ExxonMobil, an American company.

True. But the demand, especially in India and China, has risen sharply. Ever hear of the law of supply and demand?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

What about the ones who cite the growing demand for oil in Asia?

Reply to
hachiroku

I never said that wasn't also a factor, along with currency issues. I keep mentioning speculators because it's the one factor we could wipe out quickly and easily. You or someone else will now disagree. You will be wrong.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The 'discussion' with Smirnoff...

Reply to
hachiroku

What if I agree with you?

Reply to
hachiroku

When you're ready to make sense, y'all come back.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I wouldn't believe it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You didn't see that discussion about "Bush said we would use oil revenue to rebuild Iraq"? I said, "When did Bush say that?" (Like you, Smirnoff likes to split hairs and go after semantics, so I was feeding him some of his own Bull...),

"Well, Bush didn't say it, but so and so did!" "That's not Bush." "Well, so and so said it" "THAT'S NOT BUSH!"

If you go on long enough, it becomes a novel...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Actually, Bush DID make that statement at the very beginning of the war. His sitters repeated it, too.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"It's their oil, and they'll use it to reconstruct the country." - GW Bush, April 13, 2004

Jeff

No - but making up rules like that is.

Bill Putney

You might be mistaken...