Re: Clobal warming is killing off the polar bears??

(Dec. 17) -- A rat believed to be extinct for 11 million years, a spider

> with a foot-long legspan, and a hot pink cyanide-producing "dragon > millipede" are among the thousand newly discovered species in the largely > unexplored Mekong Delta region. > > The region, including parts of Vietnam and five other countries, is home = to > 1,068 new species found between 1997 and 2007, according to a World Wildl= ife > Fund report released this week. > > Some of the creatures were not lurking in fertile floodplains or tropical > foliage. > A scientist visiting an outdoor restaurant was startled to see a Laotian > rock rat among the nearby wildlife. The hairy, nocturnal, thick-tailed ra= t, > which resembles a squirrel, had been thought for centuries to be extinct. > > "There is a certain amount of shock because our scientists will sometimes > see something that doesn't fit anything they know," said Dekila Chungyalp= a, > Director of the Fund's Mekong Program. "They run through a catalogue of > wildlife in their brain, asking themselves, 'Have I seen this?'" > Perhaps a more startling discovery than the rat was a bright green pit vi= per > scientists spotted slithering through the rafters of a restaurant in Khao > Yai National Park in Thailand. > The Fund dubbed the Mekong a "biological treasure trove." The organizatio= n's > report "First Contact in the Greater Mekong" says 519 plants, 279 fish, 8= 8 > frogs, 88 spiders, 46 lizards, 22 snakes, 15 mammals, four birds, four > turtles, two salamanders and a toad were found. > Scientists are still trying to determine if they have uncovered thousands= of > new invertebrate species.

What is "Clobal Warming?"

Thanks for bringing us this article, though. It shows how important preservation of wetlands is. We don't even know all of the millions of creatures that are out there.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

What is "Clobal Warming?"

Thanks for bringing us this article, though. It shows how important preservation of wetlands is. We don't even know all of the millions of creatures that are out there.

Jeff ===============

Just guessing, but I think the drunken fool is trying to say that it's OK if polar bears vanish because scientists are finding new snakes elsewhere. Uncle Jemima's the kind of putz who tries to explain away the death of 4000+ soldiers in Iraq by saying more people are killed in traffic accidents every year.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

OK. Maybe scientists will discover polar bears hiding in the rafters of restaurants and we won't have to worry so much about their habitat melting away.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If you did a search you will discover the fact is the number of polar bears are UP not down and the are not endangered.

How would you know about war, you were never in the military, I was. I saw what happened in one day when the 15,000 died in the Normandy invasion and the 3,820 Marines that died at Iwo Jima in one week so you still have the right to talk stupid all the time. Those that gave their live in the middle east did so fighting for OUR rights as well. The much higher number of young Americans that died in AMERICAN cities at the some time were not that lucky

Tell us, do you think that guy would be alive if he threw a shoe at Saddam, you racists?

You see you can call me a drunk all you want, I could not care less, because I know I don't drink. I call you a racist because you have proven that you are a racist and a not too smart a racist at best LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I don't need military experience to spot a stupid rationalization when I see one.

Because your rationalization is several paragraphs down from here, I'll retype it so you don't forget what we're talking about:

"Uncle Jemima's the kind of putz who tries to explain away the death of

4000+ soldiers in Iraq by saying more people are killed in traffic accidents every year."

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You're as stupid as Uncle Jemima. The meaning of what you said is this: The lives of 4000+ soldiers are meaningless because more people die in other ways.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Just keep watching your football games and let it continue to dull your skull. Keep it up.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Sadly, we are paying more for an unjust war than we are to support and help the most helpless citizens - our kids. Look at how we are failing our kids in school. And gangs rule the projects that way too many kids live in.

The waste of human life is the real tragedy, whether in Iraq or the US.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I never said that. If you disagree (and you will), go find the text, written by me, which shows that I think speed law scofflaws are as bad as murderers, rapists, or child molesters.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom