Re: OT: Drug war money down the toilet

> > > You are horrible at writing headlines, dork.... > > Scott in Florida

Read the article from start to finish, diaper boy. You'll see that my subject line is inarguably relevant to the article.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Are you one of the idiots who thinks the "war on drugs" is in the best interests of America?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No. That's not what I mean. I'm talking about the "war on drugs", as understood by everyone who has been consulting grownup news sources for the past 30 years.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The "war on drugs" has nothing to do with the drug laws in this country. I am referring to the billions spent in a failed effort to stop the flow of drugs into this country.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So do the drug lords and the residents of the Mexican city mentioned in the article because they know that legalization of drugs in the US will hurt them more than the DEA ever can.

How do you think we should handle the problem of drugs?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Why should Mexico do anything when the problem is mostly irresponsible Americans? After all, nobody forced Americans to start taking drugs.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Can you answer this question? Name a government program that has ever proven to NOT be money down the toilet.

Like Reagan said, the scariest day of your life is when somebody knocks on your door and says, I'm from the government, I'm here to help you LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Too bad you didn't read the article I posted. Too bad you also haven't read ANYTHING about the situation. If you did, you'd realize that the money we give them ends up being channeled to the very druglords we're trying to defeat.

Here's the link again. Read before you offer your next so-called "observations".

JoeSpareBedroom

Drugs aren't "completely legal" in Amsterdam: retailers can legally sell drugs, but they can't legally be made/grown nor legally sold to retailers by makers/growers.

"Pass out"? I thought you said "Not free, as in without cost."

That doesn't follow ... the coffee shop doesn't sell the drug alcohol. Legalization can coexist with regulation, as it does for the drug alcohol.

"Passing drugs out"? I thought you said "Not free, as in without cost."

Reply to
M_P

Should we not have "thrown in the towel and given up" on Prohibition of the deadly addictive mind-altering drug alcohol?

Reply to
M_P