Re: When will people Begin to Boycott Exxon/Mobil?

> Sure we have to buy gas, but Exxon/Mobil is actually flaunting there billion > dollar profits.

Your spelling matches your logic. The price of a barrel of oil is determined by bidding that takes place at international spot markets, not by Exxon/Mobil.

Second, over 90% over the world's known oil/gas reserves are owned and controlled by government-run oil outfits, not Exxon/Mobil.

Reply to
George Orwell

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@mixmaster.it, George Orwell sprach forth the following:

Don't confuse it with facts.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

"George Orwell" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mixmaster.it...

Uhh huh, yeh right, keep critiquing my spelling, and keep buying from exxon. You old bastards sound like an old teacher I had with nothing better to do but point out errors in spelling as opposed to reading the message. The women had something stuck up her ass such as yourself. As I said before I actually right and spell very well. But I am typing, and for thoughs such as yourself grading my spelling I really don't give a damn about typos.

Reply to
TopCat

Reply to
bigjim

"I actually right and spell very well" My, the irony.

Aside from your pitiful grasp of the English language, you posts are bereft of logic, as you continue to ignore the valid points about the oil industry that people have posted. Meanwhile, just plod along in your own little world, avoiding Exxon/Mobil if that makes you happy. I, OTOH, will purchase my gasoline where it's cheapest.

Reply to
JimPgh

You are no spelling/grammar champ yourself, moron.

Reply to
80 Knight

I *tired* to ignore this - and succeeded for a few hours, but... holy mackerel! It's sitting there, just begging. ;-)

Your last stated sentiment is obvious (spell checker ring a bell? I spell well, but can't type worth sh*t, & it shows - usually big-time - when I forget to use my spell checker), but then there's also the syntax. Ex: quite some imagery in the middle of the paragraph ("...had something stuck up her ass such as yourself")! Back to spelling... what was "thoughs" supposed to be? Phonetically, I'm guessing "those", but maybe even "thugs"? When typos interfere with context/comprehension, there's a real problem.

It's true, if your written or spoken language is a mess, people tend to take you less seriously. Your above paragraph had a slew of assorted errors - not easy to ignore when there're so many. That teacher must've had an absolute field day with your writings. Either that, or more likely, as she came across each one, perhaps she slid it to the bottom of the pile, hoping it would somehow magically disappear while she was grading the rest of the papers! ;-P It's quite possible she was truly a stick-in-the-mud, but I also have to feel some sympathy for her.

OTOH, you get credit for spelling "critiquing" correctly, using the adverb "well", the comma after "typing", and... that's about it, really. You have potential; use it. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Well ummmm like you know, that's what teachers are, like, supposed to do.

Schools are supposed to be the place you are taught and required to write and speak correctly.

What kind of message do you send to others, how believable are you when you don't take the time or put forth the effort to speak and write clearly?

Reply to
I. Care

Well, golly, I didn't say I could "right" well, now did I? Thanks for agreeing that the OP can't write well, though.

Reply to
JimPgh

Try spell check.

But I hope people keep buying from Exxon. I have stock in the company. ;-)

Also, I don't see what the see why people hate Exxon so much. Most of their profits come from outside the US.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

How much profit should ExxonMobil be making? Don't forget, that most of their profit comes from outside the US. I forget the exact numbers, but the profit margin is similar to that made by well-run utilities.

So before you tell me that ExxonMobil is making too much money, tell me how much money they should be making and how you arrived at that figure.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Grow up.

Reply to
80 Knight

Well you can do what you want, meanwhile you need to just shut the f*ck up about someones spelling until you learn how to spell the word "your".

Reply to
TopCat

Heee heee, you must be showing off your spell checker. Feel better now? Gotta make sure you have every comma, period perfectly and T's crossed before you make your public appearance? Little miss perfect.

Reply to
TopCat

What teachers are, like, supposed to do? You need to come off your high horse too.

Reply to
TopCat

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever, I really don't even think spell check can help you out bro.

Reply to
TopCat

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever, I really don't even think spell check can help you out bro.

Reply to
TopCat

You name-call, then tell ME to grow up. Go figure.

Reply to
JimPgh

"Shut the f*ck up"???? Yeah, that's what losers post when they get frustrated. Congrats.

Reply to
JimPgh

Don't be so jealous just because someone has a grasp of the English language, which you sorely lack. Instead, enroll in a remedial English class so that you don't appear to be so ignorant.

Reply to
JimPgh