2003 Flakey Side Mirror

My wife purchased a brand spankin' new Camry LE about 7 months ago and she has about 7000 miles on it now. A couple of months ago the passenger side side-view mirror flopped out of the housing. I picked it up and snapped it back into place but now it doesn't move up and down. It does move side to side. You can hear the motor running when you try and move it up and down.

She brought it to the dealer for an oil change today and asked that they look at the mirror. They told her that the mirror needs replacement at a cost of over $300.00. What? What happened to the warranty? They said that there was evidence of impact on the mirror (there isn't) and that damage isn't covered. "We change a lot of these," was the service guy's comment. She left the mirror unrepaired at this point.

Can somebody tell me if there is any recourse with Toyota and how to proceed? Thanks much.

Reply to
Edward Alvaro

If you are a member of

then a lawyer would call or write the dealer to resolve your case at no cost to you

it

down.

that

Reply to
IceMan

Ask to talk to the district rep. When that doesn't work, if you are in the US, check the back of the manual for the address to right to for complaints. When that doesn't work you can go into arbitration.... there are instructions in the owner's manual. After you give up on that you can decide never to buy another Toyota.

it

down.

that

Reply to
Art

If your wife didn't whack it herself, then some other person whacked it in

the parking lot or some such location. If you trust your dealer, then

there's nothing you can do but pay for a replacement. I've owned Camrys for

years and they are well made. I trust my dealer. If he assures me that

there's no mechanical failure, then the likelihood is that they see that

kind of damage all the time. Sorry that doesn't help you, but I would just

bite the bullet on this and move on. Good luck.

Been there, done that.

the

complaints.

she