93 camry - clutch or torque converter?

My 93 just hit 100k miles. I've noticed a very slight groan/slip kind of feel and sound (very slight) at each of the gear shifts. I wouldn't call it a clunk, its just very subtle. I wouldn't say that it hesitates at the gear shifts but I'm paying attention and I notice something is not smooth about it. A friend stated it might not be the transmission but the torque converter or the clutch. This is the LE model, automatic trans.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Dorothy

Reply to
dot520

Standard advice for transmission concerns is to change the fluid, clean the screen, see if you notice an improvement.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus