94 Camry Valve Body Pics... 149K Miles

While I was replacing a CV shaft, I thought why not remove the trans pan and see what's up.

I always drop and drain, refill, then drop and drain every 12-15k miles, or once a year. This is the first time I have had the pan off, and I must say I am surprised by how clean everything is.

Barely any gray gunk or metal shavings were in the pan, even the magnets and screen were very clean compared to other vehicles I have serviced. I always use Valvoline/NAPA Dexron III ATF.

Have a look

Platil

Looks to me that "Platil" drops the fluid only .... every 12-15k miles. Apparently he does a 2x mini flush. That's a bit of overkill I think and IF he had to use T-IV fluid, the mini flush at $5 per quart is a little spendy.

Reply to
Philip®