96 Camry battery drain

I have a 96 Camry, 6 cylinders. The battery goes flat after a week or two without use. The climate is warm here. The static current drain is about 60mA. Does this sound about right for this model? John

Reply to
John

Not at all On the fist place I would check nothing is on then what should not be. Like trunk light or you are having phone plugged in or something If it old battery time to replace. It just cannot keep charge anymore. If battery is new , check your wires.

Reply to
Vitali

In news:400b26d0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.comindico.com.au, John being of bellicose mind posted:

60 mA is fine. 600mA (6 tenths of an amp) then I'd start looking for electronic accessories or a regulator/rectifier leak. Remember, you have a clock, the engine ECU, and your radio that have volitile memory. SO... how old is the battery and are the battery posts CLEAN? There is a handly littel tool called a battery post cleaner (male/female conical wire brush).
Reply to
Philip®
60mA sounds like some items (ECU, clock, etc) are feeding off the battery. This is referred to as parasitic drain.

As Philip said, check the connectors, make sure the water in the battery is topped off and make sure to turn off all accessories in the car.

Reply to
Car Guy