99 Camry : Coolan

Hi

Mine is 99 CAMRY with 106 K miles. I recently got done the COOLANT Flush @ mineke, and yesterday when I took it to the TOYOTA dealer for oil & filter change, they said it has GREEN COOLANT which is not supposed to be used in CAMRY, and again recommended COOLANT Flush ASAP. What should I do? Does it do any harm to the engine? Weirs and Plugs service, TRANS Flush, OIL Flush, Injector Service,COOLANT Flush these are the recommendations by the dealer, and it is costing me $610 alltogether. What should I do? Can any of these services be done at any other car repair store such as Firestor, Midas etc. Please suggest.

What Should I do with mineke about the Coolant flush? Should I fight?

Thanks, Ravi

Reply to
ravi

Travis Jordan

No. You'll be fine with the "normal" stuff. 610.00 for really nothing but gumout sprayed in the engine. I'd tell the dealer forget it and call it a day. 610.00 sheesh and I bet they actuqally get people to bite for this.. what a racket.

Reply to
steve-o

Run! Fast!

Yeah, other places can do all that, and it should cost 1/3 to 1/2 the dealer's price.

Injector service -- a bottle of gas additive, bought anywhere and everywhere. I prefer Chevron Techron, but others exist.

Oil change [not oil flush] is 20-25 bucks. Tranny flush [yes, flush] runs about 80-90 bucks Coolant flush is about 40-50 bucks, I think.

We're up to around $170 and all that's left is wires&plugs.

Reply to
Hopkins