'99 Solara Struts

With 127,000 km on my 1999 Solara its time to replace the struts, does anyone know of a reasonable place to purchase either KYB's or Tokico's in Canada? By reasonable I mean less than 180 Cdn$ for a single front strut.

Both KYB GR2's and Tokico's for this car are non-adjustable, anyone with experience with these replacements versus original equipment?

Reply to
Derek

Thanks, Ellie.

Reply to
Derek

There's a place in Montreal that sold me MacPherson rear struts for my Camry for about $120 CDN a piece. Not sure if they sell KYB or Tokico (though I imagine they must).

The shop's name is Mechanick Pi=E8ces d'Auto. They supply garages, so you don't have to worry about getting shoddy parts. Their number is (514) 842-5818.

Reply to
Ellie

If you are willing to purchase online try

or

KYBs (Keep Your Bilsteins) are budget basement struts and are priced accordingly. I'll stay away from these. But they are ok struts for oem and may actually come with your car. Tokico was popular before the cost cutting, it's a good strut if you can find one near you. Don't know if Bilsteins aftermarkets are available for your model, if so they aren't that much more in general. Bilsteins are great.

Reply to
johngdole