Bleeding ABS brakes?

After replacing the damaged dust boot on one of the front calipers I decided to try a one-man bleed of the brakes using a handheld vacume pump at each
bleeder screw. The process works so well on my simple '55 Chev truck brakes, but no good luck in suctioning much fluid out of each line on this car ('95 Camry v6 LE w/ABS). It's as if there is some sort of valve that closes off the system when the brakes are at rest.
Is this true with ABS brakes on this car? Will only a 2-person purge-into-a-bottle be the answer ..and if so does the ABS system have to be energized for bleeding?
Thanks. Dale
No, the ABS system on your car has no effect on bleeding; it's the same process as your '55. By chance, do you have the cap to the reservoir off? Those suckers make an air tight seal, and will prevent an easy flow of fluid.
Yes, the cap was ajar on the top. Tomorrow, I have someone to give me a hand at bleeding it in the conventional way. Hope that works ..if it doesn't then I guess there's a bigger problem. If it does, then I'd still like to know why suctioning doesn't draw the fluid out of the lines.. Strange, all four bleeders won't suction. I wonder if it has something to do with the ABS proportional unit??

For later model years and other makes, ABS does not change the brake bleeding procedure. These versions of Bosch ABS system does not use an internal reservoir (but some do). So both manual bleeding and the "PowerBleeder" should work.
That said, the two-piston never showed up on any US mention. So the Canadian version may be a bit different?
Check out the PowerBleeder. Saves tons of time: http://www.motiveproducts.com/02bleeders.html