Dash/Interior light fuse keeps blowing, lights don't work.

Hi, I own a 1998 Camry CE. (Manual Transmission! =D) Anyway, as of tonight, my interior lights no longer work. I suspected it was a fuse problem and replaced the fuse.
Instantly upon turning the headlights on again, the fuse blew again, as indicated by an unhealthy "pop!" sound.
Does this sound like the rheostat could be shorting out? If so, where would I find a replacement part for this?
Thanks so much, -Garrett
Hi Garrett,
The rheostat could be your problem. I had a very similar problem with a 1998 Camry. Everything worked fine except the dash lights. After a whole lot of testing they found a printed citcuit board behind the dash shorted out. This was caused by a short in the fuse block. After replacing both the fuse block and the pc board everything seems to be working fine again. The rheostat was okay. the parts had to come from Toyota and they were slow and expensive.
Hope this helps Riich
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Alright, I'll look into this further. Thanks a lot!
Also... how expensive were these parts? Thanks. Rich wrote:

not to diminish your problem but i believe i am having similar problems with the fuse block shorting out...all the connections have been widened to the point that it barely holds a fuse in some spots...does the dash need to come off in order to change the fuse box?