Engine idle's low and dies at stops when in drive

My 89 Camry All-Trac LE idles very low while in Drive and often idles down until the engine dies when at stop signs/lights. I've gotten used to putting it in nuetral when coming to a stop but would like to get to the bottom of the problem. I've been told it may be the Oil Sending Unit? The oil light does seem to stay on for an extended period when I first start the car. I thought I could try adjusting the idle but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust it. Any help is appreciated.

Steve

Reply to
Steve